Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Guests, New Islands

Back in Road Town, after cruising to Anegada (new island!), Virgin Gorda (new island!), Peter Island and Norman Island with Bob "Beebo" Tusso (new guest!).

Sunset at sunset point, Peter Island:

How did this cat get way up here? He didn't look too psyched, and he doesn't like crackers and cheese:
There's S/V Audax at "The Baths", Virgin Gorda:
Me and "Beebo" at The Baths. This is right before he took a heroic Navy Seal style digger in the waves, trying to keep our bags dry as we loaded the tender amid breaking waves. Very Seal-esque move, indeed. Check out that SHIRT!!:
Anegada! Looks JUST LIKE the Bahamas! The island of Anegada was the inspiration behind Iron Butterfly's psychadelic 70's hit "Anegada Da Vida":

Funny little story..... Jordi and Josh are tight with the guys that own the "Hooters" restaraunt franchise. They gave Jordi a deck of Hooters girls playing cards. I flipped through them, making a comment about one in particular. This segued into further comments by the other guys, and so on.... before it was all over, about an HOUR later, we had the entire deck (all 52 girls) narrowed down to the TOP TEN, reality show style. Political alliances were formed and smashed, there were heated debates, but also many many laughs. It is our pleasure to present to you... the TOP TEN Hooters girls from the 2006 edition playing cards!:

David Coates (new guest) snorkeling mishap involving a Sea Urchin:

David Coates, Scot Herrigel (new guest) and Jordi:
Beebo and John, Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor. Yet another great sunset:

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Hi Steve

I've enjoyed catching up with your trip! You've got some talent as a writer. I nearly wet myself while reading about your episode with gay fella at the bar. I hope you've got some good reasons for coming home because I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you for a little while. All the best!

Jeff said...

Hi Steve

I've enjoyed catching up with your trip! You've got some talent as a writer. I nearly wet myself while reading about your episode with gay fella at the bar. I hope you've got some good reasons for coming home because I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you for a little while. All the best!

Jeff said...

Hi Steve

I've enjoyed catching up with your trip! You've got some talent as a writer. I nearly wet myself while reading about your episode with gay fella at the bar. I hope you've got some good reasons for coming home because I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you for a little while. All the best!

Adrienne said...

You goof ball! Iron Butterfly wasn't writting about an island! They were totally effed up on god knows what for drugs and trying to say "IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN"