Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Multi-Sensory Experience

Words cannot do this justice, but I gotta at least try. Watch the above video. Now, let me add the following: When the pack zooms by, the sound is DEAFENING. Hurts so good. About 1.6 seconds after the main pack passes by, you get SLAMMED with a burst of racecar-generated wind containing the strong smell of combusted race fuel, and just a hint of burnt rubber. This wind burst also pelts you with tiny little chunks of debris such as track dirt and greebles of molten race tire rubber. It's just plain awesome. I giggled a little every time they went by at speed. A true multi-sensory experience of sight, sound and smell. I loved it.

1 comment:

Wendy LePage said...

"greebles of molten race tire rubber" Greebles, huh? Is that a technical term??

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I said...IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT TIME! :)

XXOO
Cousin Wendy